Wednesday 16 December 2015

Summer Blogging Fun!

If you have a son or daughter attending Pt England, Tamaki Primary or Panmure Bridge schools check out the summer blogging programme. Lots of fun activities, opportunities to share and connect with other bloggers... plus prizes!
Kia ora,
My name is Rachel Williams and I am a teacher. I was born and raised in Canada but moved to New Zealand five years ago. I currently live in Auckland with my son, Aronui. He’s five years old and about to start primary school. [I am the one in the pink jacket and Aronui is the one in the soccer robe!]
C:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Xari, Rach, Leigh and Ella.jpgC:\Users\rwil313\Desktop\Ella and Aronui.jpg
Earlier this year I started working at the Woolf Fisher Research Centre at The University of Auckland. I was hired to create a summer blogging programme called, A Summer Learning Journey, for Year 5-10 students in Manaiakalani schools. The purpose of the programme is to help students practice, and hopefully improve, their reading and their writing skills over summer. They will do this by logging onto the Summer Learning Journey site, completing fun activities and then writing about them on their blogspot. All of the activities are based on the idea of traveling to other countries and learning about their cultures, customs, and traditions. I will actively monitor all of the student blogs and provide individual feedback and support for each participant. I will also be giving prizes to the students who blog the most over the summer.
The Summer Learning Journey programme is going to be pilot tested in three schools this summer (January 2016) - Tamaki Primary School, Panmure Bridge School and Pt England School. It will then be modified and launched in all 12 Manaiakalani cluster schools next January (2017).
If you have a son or daughter attending Pt England, Tamaki Primary or Panmure Bridge schools please help them register for the programme.
You can contact me anytime if you have questions. I would love to hear from you! My email address is: rachel.williamson@auckland.ac.nz and my phone number is 09-623-8899 ext. 46437.
Wishing you and your whanau a very Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy 2016,

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment